deal breaker? NO WAY!
We got a contact at the Children's Hospital of Pennsylvania in their International Adoptions department. After a long wait (OK it was just 1 1/2 days) she called us up after looking at Hien's file. It looked to her like all the issues she had were things of the past. Her biggest concern was that the measurements indicate Hien is too tiny, based on the CDC growth charts. Then she mentioned that they could also may have been old or just inaccurate measurements.
After we got off the phone, we were even more anxious than before. The discussion with the Dr. from CHOP had us very concerned at first. We really examined our wants and, and decided that the only really important parameter is whether we would improve her life or not.
PSBI asked us to let them know our decision pretty quickly and the deadline was approaching. We asked if a more current physical was possible, and happily were told yes. So another wait to find out. 3 days became nearly a week, with Robin checking email as often as possible.
Good news came with the exam, and just a few more questions. She needed a short visit for an ultrasound but all else looked good. Once all the results were in, we contacted the CHOP doc again. When she sent a reply, it included a note that "She's growing!!!".
The next discussion was more positive, and it just confirmed what we both had individually decided. We wrote the next day and (deep breath, calmly...) decided to say YES!!!!
PSBI was really happy with our decision since Hien has been waiting a while and she is so obviously such a great little girl.
So, the ball started rolling... Next, the Home Study, or the White Tornado Rides Again.
After we got off the phone, we were even more anxious than before. The discussion with the Dr. from CHOP had us very concerned at first. We really examined our wants and, and decided that the only really important parameter is whether we would improve her life or not.
PSBI asked us to let them know our decision pretty quickly and the deadline was approaching. We asked if a more current physical was possible, and happily were told yes. So another wait to find out. 3 days became nearly a week, with Robin checking email as often as possible.
Good news came with the exam, and just a few more questions. She needed a short visit for an ultrasound but all else looked good. Once all the results were in, we contacted the CHOP doc again. When she sent a reply, it included a note that "She's growing!!!".
The next discussion was more positive, and it just confirmed what we both had individually decided. We wrote the next day and (deep breath, calmly...) decided to say YES!!!!
PSBI was really happy with our decision since Hien has been waiting a while and she is so obviously such a great little girl.
So, the ball started rolling... Next, the Home Study, or the White Tornado Rides Again.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home