Our Adoption

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Welcome to HCMC

The 1 1/2 hour ride from Bangkok to HCMC went well. I noticed the pilot was making slightly radical turn on final, so I beleive the right seater was flying. The Airbus we were in made very positve contact with the runway, so I'm pretty sure I was right.

After we cleared customs with out 350lbs of luggage, we took the most exciting taxi trip I have ever been on back to the hotel. There are 8 million people in Saigon. Everyone of them rides a scooter and was out last night. I think my toes finally un-curled from the ride about an hour later. Traffic lanes are not a law, just an opinion. No one seems to agree with that opinion. A Jersey driver (death before yielding) like myself would not survive long here since you need to negotiate constantly. It is hard to describe. I recomemd everyone try riding through at least once.

So we got to the hotel and settled in... And I need to rest some; so more later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home