Our Adoption

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Water Puppet Theater

We really enjoyed the Water Puppet Theater. Ollie had a great time, and followed the show better than we did. Plus, she clapped along to the beat on our hands. We are positive she has some musical talent there (doting again, I know)
The theater is performed to traditional music. The concept originated as entertainment for he field workers, (rice paddies are perfect for water puppets) but has evolved somewhat to include pyrotechnics and very intricate puppet play. All the puppets are operated via bamboo poles underwater fro behind a screen.
Usually there are at several puppets out there at the same time. There is a lot of narration in Vietnamese, so if you go, bring an interpreter.

I did a lot of digital video, but I hope the images capture the show pretty well.
At the end, the puppeteers come out for a bow. Hip waders are not optional.
More later!
Rich

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home